How to Manage Face-to-Face and Distant Learners
Teaching a course that has both face to face and distant learners?
See the list of resources below for strategies, tips, and best practices for effective facilitation and successful classroom management.
- Tips for teaching a course with both face-to-face and distant students: https://learninginnovation.duke.edu/blog/2010/12/tips-for-teaching-a-course-with-both-face-to-face-and-distant-students/
- Best Practices for Effective Video Conferencing: https://uit.stanford.edu/videoconferencing/best-practices
- Best Practices for Teaching with Video Conferencing: https://umaine.edu/citl/teaching-resources-2/video-conferencing/
- Synchronous Online Classes: 10 Tips for Engaging Students: https://www.facultyfocus.com/articles/online-education/synchronous-online-classes-10-tips-engaging-students/
- Teaching Online: Synchronous Classes (Lynda.com course): https://www.lynda.com/Higher-Education-tutorials/Virtual-Synchronous-Training/502050-2.html
- 5 Tips for Running Successful Breakout Groups in Blackboard Collaborate (Blackboard Innovative Teaching Series): https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=lobby20.jsp&eventid=1387667&sessionid=1&key=C3945E0971D02FD666A8E792F6F9E080&eventuserid=164953991
- Zoom Uses, Tips and Best Practices: http://www.wiu.edu/CITR/resources/tip_sheets/zoom/using_zoom.pdf
*Contact the Faculty Resources Department with your recommended resources to add to this list.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes