See the links below for remediation tools.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC – The defacto PDF conversion tool. Includes an Accessibility Checker to assess your PDF files.
- Free Online OCR – Free Online OCR delivers advanced recognition technology to ensure high quality results. Simply upload a file, choose your preferred output format and click Convert. After the conversion process is complete, you will be able to download your document.
- Grackle Docs – Grackle is a cloud-based service that can convert Google Doc, Sheet, PDF and Slide into an accessible PDF. Used with Grackle’s Accessibility Checkers, Grackle Docs brings compliance, remediation and version control under one roof.
- PDF Accessibility Checker (PAC 2) – PAC 2 quickly tests PDF files for accessibility. PAC 2 is used to support expert and affected tests during assessment. NOTE: The company offering this software, Access for All, is based in Switzerland, you may need to use translation to understand the content.
- PDFix – Vast majority of PDFs that exist and are created daily are not tagged or are not tagged properly and provide just visual representation of the content. This makes the information invisible for screen readers used by visually impaired people or reading software for users with learning disabilities. Tagged PDF allows an easy navigation and accessible presentation of the content in PDF files reading software for users with learning disabilities.
- ScanTailor – Scan Tailor is an interactive post-processing tool for scanned pages. It performs operations such as page splitting, deskewing, adding/removing borders, and others. You give it raw scans, and you get pages ready to be printed or assembled into a PDF or DJVU file. Scanning, optical character recognition, and assembling multi-page documents are out of scope of this project.
*Provided by Blackboard’s Accessibility Consultant, Krista Greear
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes