Tools, Software, Technology: Simulators
See the links below to learn more about simulator tools, software, and technology to facilitate accessibility and inclusion.
- Colour Contrast Analyser by The Paciello Group – The Colour Contrast Analyser (CCA) helps you determine the legibility of text and the contrast of visual elements, such as graphical controls and visual indicators. Free install for both Windows and Mac users.
- Chrome High Contrast extension – with this extension you can check out grayscale to evaluate color contrast, or see how a page converts to high contrast.
- Coblis — Color Blindness Simulator – If you are not suffering from a color vision deficiency it is very hard to imagine how it looks like to be colorblind. The Color Blindness Simulator can close this gap for you. Just play around with it and get a feeling of how it is to have a color vision handicap.
- Color Contrast Tools (WebAxe) – a comprehensive list of color contrast tools.
- Color Oracle – you can download this tool in order to see how your screen looks with various types of colorblindness.
- Funkify Vision – this is an interesting simulator that not only mimics vision impairments but also creates a “jumpy mouse” to mimic difficulty using a mouse.
- NoCoffee Vision Simulator – this simulator allows you to mimic certain vision impairments and blur the text.
*Provided by Blackboard’s Accessibility Consultant, Krista Greear
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes